It Only Happens in the Movies:BOOK REVIEW

My very first review!




IT ONLY HAPPENS IN THE MOVIES



             

This novel was published last 2017 but I just read it months ago and trust me, I still linger of the wordy moments that happened in the book. So let me talk about the characters and the plot first without spoilers.


The protagonists are Audrey and Harry, Audrey started working at a cinema and that's where she met her colleague Harry who has a passion for making movies. In the book, Harry was making a zombie movie that Audrey got to be a part of it since she used to be in a drama club at her school, things happen, feelings were developed and yadda yadda. This book will have your fingers constantly flipping the pages because the emotions are surreal as if you are the one who is in the book, you can feel what the character is feeling in every chapter. The whole story gives cinematic pictures in your mind and you get to know some movies that you have to watch before you die. I remember reading this for like 3 hours straight and not even getting into the end because I keep rereading all the heart-bursting/wrenching scenes. I was pretty much hooked into it, I would give this book APPROXIMATELY 5 stars. 

 

BLAH BLAH opinions (SPOILER ALERT) 

 Not only this book talks about family problems and hardships in life but it also talks about feminism. When I finished reading this novel, I was a little speechless and I was appalled at Audrey for not giving Harry a second chance after putting so much an effort in order for her to forgive him, but I soon realized that what Audrey did was right... She almost did not go to the college she dreamed because she did not want to be far from Harry, and I think if they had gotten back together. Audrey would not really have achieved her goals in life because she put her heart first rather than her mind that has been probably thinking most of its life of what it really wants to do. She puts integrity first before bubbly feelings that happen in the movies and I think romantic movies and novels can influence our beliefs in love that sometimes we are in love with the idea of having someone who's giving you all the attention and thoughtful gestures rather than being in love with ourselves. That is why I love this book with all my woman power because just because someone is in a relationship does not mean we should give up the things we want to happen in the very beginning. We should check all the boxes in our personal bucket lists before settling down with our dream man. Holly Bourne made a remarkable point of pointing out the truth. 


 I will surely reread this book sometime and picture Harry Lipton as Harry Styles again. (No hate! Treat people with kindness)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me?

Garnier Black Serum Mask Review

NATURE REPUBLIC ALOE VERA GEL REVIEW: THE BEST MOISTURIZER?